ORAL PATHOLOGY AND MICROBIOLOGY
About the Department
Oral pathology is the specialty of dentistry and pathology which deals with the nature, identification, and management of diseases affecting the oral and maxillofacial regions. It is a science that investigates the causes, processes and effects of these diseases. The practice of oral pathology includes research, diagnosis of diseases using clinical, radiographic, microscopic, biochemical or other examinations, and management of patients.
The department has a well equipped HISTOPATHOLOGY AND CYTOPATHOLOGY LABORATORY with routine & special stains facility. We have cancer screening clinics run by the department of oral pathology. Other procedures include hematology, special stains and Brush Biopsy.
The department is well equipped with a State-of-the-Art Olympus tri-head research microscope with a photo micrographic attachment and image analysis software, and other attachments like Phase Contrast & Polarizing, to facilitate better diagnosis & easy teaching & discussions with faculty members and students. The automatic tissue processing unit & automatic tissue microtome aid in regular processing. A good number of teaching aids like microscopic slides, posters, photographs, specimens & digital presentations.
We aim at engaging into further research, bringing in newer techniques including immunohistochemistry & other advanced microscopy & histopathological procedures in the near future.
DR. SHWETA REHANI
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Born in Delhi and attained schooling from Delhi. Now a resident of Faridabad.
Educational & Professional Background:
. Graduated from Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore in 2004.
. Did Masters in Oral Pathology & Forensic Odontology in 2008; After completing post-graduation, worked in MCODS, Manipal for almost 3 years there.
. In 2012 joined Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences and have been attached since then.
. 9 years of full time teaching experience in dental colleges.
. Streamlined various postgraduate and undergraduate activities.
. Member of PG Board studies of Pt BD Sharma University Health Sciences, Rohtak.
. Have been external/ internal examiner and paper setter for undergraduate university examinations.
. Have been internal examiner for postgraduate university examinations.
. Have been working as an active coordinator, supervisor, examiner in Undergraduate and post-graduate dental curriculum.
. Have Been Judge for the Post Graduate student poster session in XVI Annual National PG Convention, Merrut, 2017.
Research & Interests:
Oral Cancer, Premalignant Conditions and Odontogenic Pathologies
1. Member of Karnataka State Dental Council.
2. Member of Indian Dental association.
3. Member of Indian academy of Oral Pathologists.
4. Fellow of Academy of General Education (FAGE), Manipal
AWARDS: Won Best Paper for the scientific paper presented at XVI National Conference of Indian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathologists, 2007.
Non Indexed Journals
Dr. Vipul Arora
( Sr. Lecturer )
Dr. Bireshwar Roy
Email Id – email@example.com
EDUCATIONAL& PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
TEACHING EXPERIENCE - 5 Years
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS - Oral Pathology And Microbiology
PUBLICATION – More Than 2 Publication (One Is Ongoing)
Dr. Vikas Kumar Sant
Dr. Vikas Kumar Sant
DR. SHIKHA KHANTANA
Email Id. firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATIONAL& PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
TEACHING EXPERIENCE : 1 Year and 8 months
RESEARCH AND INTERESTS : Oral pathology
PUBLICATION : 4 publications
Email Id : email@example.com.
Dr.Prabhakar obtained his BDS and MDS from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences Bangalore. Successfully passed the Masters degree exam of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology in 2011 from A.J.Institute of Dental Sciences Mangalore. Has Joined A.J.Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangalore in 2012 as Assistant Professor and now holds the post of Reader in Department of Oralpathology in Sudha Rustagi College of Dental Sciences, Faridabad. Areas of special interests: Head and Neck Cancer, Forensic Odontology, Salivary Gland Tumors, Immuno Histochemistry. Professional Memberships: Member of Karnataka State Dental Council and Member of Post Graduate Board of Studies in Oralpathology & Microbiology, Pt. B.D. Sharma, University of Health Sciences, Rohtak. Haryana.
Awards/ Recent / significant publications: International & National.
PUBLICATIONS IN JOURNALS INDEXED IN PUBMED:
1. Dinkar Desai, Siddharth Pandith, Prabhakar A Jeergal, Arathi K and Rajan Saini. Fibroblastic Variant of Osteosarcoma: A Challenge in Diagnosis and Management. The Open Dentistry Journal, 2010, Volume: 4, 211-217.
2. Savita Lasrado, Prashanth Prabhu, Anjali kakria, Tanuj Kanchan, Sadip Pant, Brijesh Sathian, P Gangadharan, VS Binu, SV Arathisenthil, Prabhakar A Jeergal, Neil A Luis, Ritesh G Menezes. Clinicopathological Profile of Head and Neck Cancers in the Western Development Region, Nepal: A 4- Year Snapshort. Asian pacific J Cancer Prev, 2012, 13 (12), 6059-6062.
3. Prabhakar A Jeergal, R Surekha, Priyadarshini Sharma, K Anila, Vasanthi A Jeergal, Tabitha Rani. Prevalence, perception and attitude of dental students towards academic dishonesty and ways to overcome cheating behaviours. Journal of Advanced Clinical and Research Insights, 2015, 2, 2-6.
4. Siddharth Pandit, Dinkar Desai, Prabhakar A Jeergal, Sowmya Venkatesh. Awareness of forensic odontology among police personnel: A new ray of hope in forensic odontology. Journal of Forensic Dent Sci, 2016, 8, 1, 56.
5. Prabhakar A Jeergal, Siddharth Pandit, Dinkar Desai, R Surekha, Vasanthi A Jeergal. Morphological patterns of lip prints in Mangaloreans based on Suzuki and Tsuchihashi classification. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, 2016, Vol 20, issue 2, 155-162.
6. Smita Bussari1, Taiminaz Mueez Shedam, Priyanka Debta, Nahid Ayub Shaikh, Niranjan R. Yeli, Prabhakar A. Jeergal , Ramniwas Kumawat. A Retrospective Clinicopathological Study of Salivary Gland Tumors with Particular Reference to Histological Types, Site, Age, and Sex Distribution. Journal of International Oral Health (Dec 2016/Vol 08/ issue 12, Page: 1-7).
PUBLICATIONS IN Indian JOURNALS INDEXED :
1. Dinkar Desai, Prabhakar A Jeergal. Sex Determination Through Various Methods in Craniofacial Region, Journal of Postgraduate Dentistry, 2010, 1
2. Prabhakar A Jeergal, Dinkar Desai, Siddharth Pandit. Microgravity- The present and the future direction, Journal of Postgraduate Dentistry, 2012, 1, 72.
3. Dinkar Desai, Prabhakar A Jeergal. Cytomorphology in Oral Smears, Journal of Postgraduate Dentistry, 2012, 1.