» Academic Programmes » Master of Dental Surgery(MDS)
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
Duration: The normal period of completing the MDS course shall be three academic years including the period of examination.
It is a postgraduate degree with a specialization in a particular subject. The M.D.S. course is available in seven different specialties.
1. Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry
3. Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
4. Prosthodontics, Crown & Bridge
5. Public Health Dentistry
7. Oral Pathology
Admission to the course
The admission to the MDS course is made on the terms & conditions as prescribed by Govt. of Haryana from time to time.
A) Candidate will be eligible for appearing in the MDS Course if he/she:
- Has passed the BDS examination with 50% from any Dental College/ institution recognized by the Dental Council of India
- Has completed satisfactorily one year compulsory rotating paid Internship from colleges recognized by the Dental Council of India on or before 31st March.
- Has registered permanently with the State Dental Council /DCI at the time of admission; if he does not have the same he will be required to obtain such registration within one month after admission to the P.G. course, failing which, his/her admission to the P.G. course will be cancelled.
- Possesses a certificate of good conduct from the head of Institution last attended.
B) The candidate will also produce the above-mentioned certificates (1-4) in original at the time of counseling without which the admission shall not be granted.
C) Candidates already in service must submit their application form through their employer or produce ‘No Objection Certificate’, from the employer on or before the last date of receipt of the application form.
The Application form must be accompanied by attested photo copies of:
- Certificate of having passed the BDS examination from an institution recognized by the DCI/GOI.
- Four copies of recent photograph (passport size) duly attested by the Director/Principal of the college/ Gazetted Officer or the employer in the case of those in the employment.
- Copy of the Internship completion certificate.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Head of Institution last attended.
- Certificate of permanent registration with the State Dental Council/DCI at the time of admission.
- Copy of Matriculation Certificate/ High School Certificate ICSE/ Class X or its equivalent certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Copy of the marks sheets of the Qualifying examination (1st to 4th year BDS)
- Copy of Migration if candidate coming from university other than Pt. B.D. Sharma University of Health Sciences, Rohtak (Haryana)
- Candidates selected for the admission to the P.G. Degree course will be required to give an affidavit to the effect that they are not undergoing any training at any other institution.
When to apply : In the month of April /May every year, Academic year, begin in the month of June each year.
Fee Structure for 2010-2011
Applicable as per the decision and guideline of the State Fee committee, Government of Haryana, from time to time.
In addition to the above the mandatory University charges, security, hostel, mess charges etc. where ever applicable will be charged accordingly.
NOTE: The cost of prospectus-cum-application form will not be refunded under any circumstance